Solved

Primary Contact to Default information for Bill-to and Ship-to on Customer and Sales Order?

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi all,

We are currently into an issue where creating a Primary Contact does not update the Ship-to or Bill-to Info.

I was expecting once a primary Contact is set-up that there is at least an option to bring in that Contact Info (even if Overwrite is selected):

I feel like I am missing something super trivial.
Any ideas / thoughts?

icon

Best answer by vanessaafonso02 19 October 2023, 22:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @krausef77 

Are you creating the Contact in CRM before the Account is extended as a customer?

Can you please explain how you are creating the contact and customer?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @krausef77 

Are you creating the Contact in CRM before the Account is extended as a customer?

Can you please explain how you are creating the contact and customer?

No CRM functionality in the client’s environment.
So the Contacts are created from the Customer Screen and the Contact Tab through the Pop-Up Window. Afterwards it is set to Primary.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You are correct.  
The Primary contact will act as the default contact when creating sales orders and this information is populated in the Primary Contact section of the General tab.
The Address on the default Location will populate on the Addresses tab of the sales order. 

The customer could be a Company or Department for a company.  With this in mind, the Addresses on the General, Billing & Shipping tabs are not auto-populated from the contact as these could be unique and separate from the Primary contact’s address.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved