Solved

Prevent Early Shipments

• 3 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

If we create a shipment with a future date, so it can be picked and staged, there is nothing preventing or warning a user from completing the shipment early.

Is this correct?

Basically, we want the shipment to ship only on its shipment date.

We use Pick, Pack, and Ship.

I have looked here in the forums and in the documentation but unable to find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 9 October 2023, 14:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @cdelacruz 

What are the settings on the Sales Order? If the Requested on and Ship Date are in the future, the system should not be allowing it to ship early. What is the shipping rule on the line also?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49,

In your example, we would create a shipment with a 10/10/23 date for our warehouse to begin staging the shipment.

However, if they are not careful, they can ship today(10/3/23) or any date once the shipment is created. As far as I can tell, the system does not have a warning or way to stop that from happening.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cdelacruz so it is not the creation of the Shipment you are trying to prevent it is the shipment being confirmed prior to the requested on date. There is nothing out of the box that would need a customisation to prevent access or give a warning when the Confirm shipment is selected

Userlevel 1
Badge

@dcomerford That is correct, we do not want a shipment to be confirmed prior to the shipment date, or in the future. The shipment should be confirmed on the same day as the shipment date.

Unfortunately, it seems that we will either have to manually do this by placing shipments on hold (which prevents picking) or creating a customization.

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@dcomerford That is correct, we do not want a shipment to be confirmed prior to the shipment date, or in the future. The shipment should be confirmed on the same day as the shipment date.

Unfortunately, it seems that we will either have to manually do this by placing shipments on hold (which prevents picking) or creating a customization.

Thanks for your help.

HI @cdelacruz 

How is your team getting around creating the Shipments then with an early ship? I’m just curious. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your help.

HI @cdelacruz 

How is your team getting around creating the Shipments then with an early ship? I’m just curious. 

Hi @kandybeatty49,

Sorry for the late reply, I just received the email notification.

The shipments are created with the desired ship date, matching the SO Ship on Date.

Our warehouse/shipping manager prints the pick tickets for today’s shipments and hands them to the pickers. If they have time they will pick future orders and to prevent shipping we are currently putting those shipments on hold, which means they need to be removed from hold later, it is a hassle. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for your help.

HI @cdelacruz 

Hi @kandybeatty49,

Sorry for the late reply, I just received the email notification.

The shipments are created with the desired ship date, matching the SO Ship on Date.

Our warehouse/shipping manager prints the pick tickets for today’s shipments and hands them to the pickers. If they have time they will pick future orders and to prevent shipping we are currently putting those shipments on hold, which means they need to be removed from hold later, it is a hassle. 

It sounds like it is a hassle. I suggest adding an idea for Acumatica to possibly put it in a future release. Until then, you would need a customization to accomplish what you are trying to prevent. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved