Solved

Need to change the Sales and Purchasing Unit of Measure

• 4 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI, 

I have created a Item with UOM as CTN. I need to change this to BOX. 

I checked this, if I have any Transactions system allow me to change Sales and Purchasing Units. 

Then system created a conversion between both two unit of measures. 

Tested scenarios attached with screen shots. 

01). As mentioned Item Base unit is “CTN” and Sales and Purchasing UOM are “BOX”.

Created a sales order and Order line has taken UOM as BOX then Shipped. 

Shipping Lines Considered UOM as BOX. 

My Questions are:

(01). If I change this over to a conversion rate of 1, and change the Unit of Measure, what will the implication be when we sell and purchase this item? Is it going to create a mess in the background with regard to the costs, or the average cost?

(02). Is there any other validation or concerns about the UOM changes?

Regards

Nethupul

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 October 2022, 11:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Attached the Screen shots.

Badge +16

Hello @NAthukorala47 ,

In this case you changed from CTN to BOX, two units that are equal. CTN = BOX.

Acumatica will correctly calculate your Average Cost when you receive in CTN or BOX.

I think the next step is to purchase and sell items, see the average costs.  To see the results, Receive the Item with different quantities and costs,  and evaluate the costs that appear on the Inventory Valuation report so you can be confident.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Previously all 3 UOM were CTN. Now user needs to change to BOX all 3 UOMs.

Is there any possibility to change the Base Unit of Measure if we have any onhand or Transactions.
Seems it was freeze and only allowed Sales and Purchasing UOM changes. because
system have transactions relevant to this Item.

User is asking to change sales and Purchasing UOM?
or What is the best practice to change UOM?

Regards

Nethupul

Badge +16

Hello,

We cannot change Base UOM with quantity on hand <> 0.

Maybe can change Base UOM with 0 quantity on hand; I did not try:  Did you try?  If not next step is for you to try changing Base UOM when you have 0 quantity on hand.

Yes we can change Purchase Unit and Sales Unit and Acumatica will correctly calculate Average Cost.

You have demonstrated correct method/best practice of changing Sales/Purchase UOM in your attachment.

Next Step: Test receipts and sales all the way through and study the result on the Inventory Valuation report, so you can be confident with your changes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved