Solved

Item Class - Stock Item enabled to Disable

• 27 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone,

Is there a way I can change my Item Class from being Stock Item enabled to disable without having this error?

I need to change it in a lot of my Item Classes since I realized I need them to be a non-stock items for creating Kit Specifications. 
Deleting and recreating all their matrix items would be a big problem to me.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 27 January 2023, 16:13

View original

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

It seems like you have an Item Class that is set up for Stock Items and has Stock Items connected to the class.  The error above is saying, you can’t change the Class from Stock to Non-stock until after you move the stock item Top-DT800TOP to a different class.

To move Top-DT800TOP to a different class, update the Item Class value on the Item in Stock Items screen. Check for more stock items in the same class, and repeat the same change to move them to a different class. If there is a high volume of Stock items to be moved to a different class, import the change of item class.

Then change your Item class from Stock to non-stock.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@laurabarber08 , I tried to do that but there will be a problem in moving the stock items to a different item class since they are Matrix items. They have certain values from the attributes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @bernadeth58 

Unfortunately since you created them as Stock Items under Template Items, you can not get that error to go away without deleting them and making them Non-Stock Items. 

Have you tried to mass delete the Matrix Items? You could recreate them as a Non-Stock Item then. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I doubt if I will delete them because most of them have hundreds of matrix items that I manually uploading images for each. So, if I recreate them, it means re-uploading also their images. @kandybeatty49 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I doubt if I will delete them because most of them have hundreds of matrix items that I manually uploading images for each. So, if I recreate them, it means re-uploading also their images. @kandybeatty49 

There is no way to turn them to Non-Stock items. The only way would be a customization if you could change them in the database but that is risky. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved