Solved

How to prevent an Item from being dropshipped?

• 9 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We work with hundreds of vendors, some with whom we can drop-ship and some we cannot.  Is there a mechanism by which we can prevent a user from creating a drop-ship PO on a certain items or with certain vendors?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 August 2022, 20:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @Jacob 

You can set up Row Level Security for this. You can do both by vendor and item.

Here is also the Help for that so you can look more into it. 

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(6))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=749f774f-720d-4fcb-9c48-4df263bc1bd6

Userlevel 2
Badge

I don’t think that will solve this problem, but I might not be understanding.  Row Level Security is for restricting visibility, not restricting actions, right?

I don’t want my users to not be able to see an item or a vendor.  I want them to not be able to select “DROPSHIP” in the PO Source DropDown on the Sales Order line item if the inventory item is somehow marked as unavailable for DropShip.  Does that make sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Jacob  

You can not restrict based on Purchase Order Type. The only other way I could think to do this is put Approvals in place. 

Here is the help on approvals:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(7))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=81a4c534-9bc8-4e11-9296-70ab5ae76240

Badge +18

Hello Jacob,

I think you will need a customization to achieve the ability to prohibit drop ship of certain items or item classes from certain vendors or vendor classes.  Perhaps a custom screen that links order type, vendors, and items. 

It’s a good idea; maybe you can post your idea in the Ideas section on this community. Your idea may be accepted for future versions.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved