Solved

How to ignore serial numbers on Physical Counts

• 12 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, we have a few serialized products.  When I generate a PI and print Physical Count Sheets, it wants to print 20 pages for one item because it has each serial number on a separate line.  I would like to just count by Stock Item Number and assume all the serial numbers are correct. 

For example, instead of seeing 50 lines for #ABC123 with each line having a unique serial number, I’d like to see 1 line that says #ABC001 book qty 50, and an empty box for me to count the #ABC001 and say we have 50.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Robert Sternberg 13 December 2023, 20:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @NathanKahn 

ON the Physical Inventory Type, what is the Assignment Order? Try to create a PI type without Lot/Serial Number. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did try that but it didn’t help.  I have location and inventory ID in the first two, and 3 and 4 are blank.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did try that but it didn’t help.  I have location and inventory ID in the first two, and 3 and 4 are blank.

this is what I’m using

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @NathanKahn 

It appears that if an item has a lot/serial number assigned, it will populate.

The lot or serial number of the inventory item to which the line number was assigned.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@NathanKahn : from my point of view you have to count all items with serial-numbers. How the system should decide, which serial-number is missing and have to adjust, if you only count 49?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If your assignment method for the Lot/Serial class is ‘when received’ lot/serial number based physical inventory is the only option.  @PatrickSchlenker90 is correct, the system would not know what to adjust without some feedback. 

If your assignment method for the Lot/Serial class is ‘when used’ lot/serial numbers are NOT required for physical inventory and resulting adjustments from physical counts will not include the Lot/Serial number.  

In essence the ‘when used’ assignment method will allow you to bypass the lot/serial requirement of physical inventory counts. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved