Solved

Hide button for specific user

• 14 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I need your suggest , how dissable button pay for specific role / user without customize/ coding .

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 14 September 2022, 15:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

HI @ely36 

Have you looked at User Security and Rights by Role? You can take away the rights there:

Userlevel 1

Hi @kbeatty21 i want to hide this button ‘Pay’ for specific user .

I already try access right by role but not found to hide the button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ely36 

You can not hide things based on users specific. It needs to be done at the User Rights level. 

There is no hide button, you would simply REVOKE the access right. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ely36 

As @kbeatty21  Stated we can restrict the actions based on the user roles.

Navigation: Access rights by Role and follow steps

Result

We have implemented the same logic at the shipment screen for “ Prepare Invoice”

Or else you can Hide the button from the toolbar using workflow if you need to avoid multiple users to use that button by Mistakes.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ely36 To add to what @kbeatty21 and @manikantad18 are saying, you can create a role specifically for this user and then revoke the role if needed.

Also, there are some toolbar buttons which require explicit Revoked status and setting to View Only will not block the user from having access.

So while View Only is great option to prevent something from being manipulated without removing the item from the screen, for toolbar access rights it is recommended to Revoke if there is need to limit the button.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved