Solved

Complete order in Sales Orders (SO301000) screen

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello linkies,

I would like to have a clarification on the Complete Order option which under More Menu of the Sales Orders(SO301000) screen.

I have been trying to modify the status of an order from Open to Completed without creating any shipments.

Even when the Completed checkbox is active at the line level, the status of the Sales Order still remains to be Open as shown below:

Kindly let me know the use of Complete Order option for the same.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Harshita 18 May 2023, 04:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Harshita 

Complete Order action assigns the Completed status to the sales order.

This option indicates that all the items on the order have been fulfilled, and the order is complete.

When you select the "Complete Order" option in Acumatica, the system automatically performs several actions, such as creating invoices, generating purchase orders for any items needed to fulfill the order, and updating inventory.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Sweta

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @sweta68 . Thank you for your prompt reply.

It has been mentioned in the guide that it will change the status to Completed. But figuring out to use this Action The main issue here is the action is inactive. How shall I activate it to complete the order without creating any shipments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Harshita 

There are some flages needs to update to enable the complete actions in sales order.

Have you tried the SO keep in hold and uncheck the complete checkbox.

Updates the qty ( Kind of refresh the values).

Then check the complete the checkbox and see the results.

if not please reach out to Acumatica support case.

I hope this is not the scenario for all sales order, if that is the case please check if any customization blocking that option.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you @manikantad18 i did check out with your suggestions in various instances, but there aren’t customisations applied nor the Complete Order option is activated and also the qty aren’t getting updated.

As you mentioned about the flags, would be helpful if i can get some more info on it.

And upon checking the Completed checkbox, user is not able to create any shipments nor any invoices.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Harshita were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @Chris Hackett ,

I checked out the workflow as per the suggestion given by @manikantad18 and it came out there isn’t any option to directly change the status of the SO to Completed. It’s only possible to change on the line level under Details tab.

Thanks.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved