Solved

Enable a User Defined Field in Automation Steps for Journal Transactions

• 29 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Using 2020 R2

A while back, I created a UDF on the Journal Transactions screen

This value comes from a custom maintenance table.

When a JE is posted, this field is no longer editable.

I made a workaround by creating a custom form to allow the field to be modified.  The user clicks the UPDATE button to open a new screen to change the value on the JE.  However, that is clunky and not user friendly.

You can’t use workflows on Journal Transactions.  So I added the field in the Automation Steps screen:

Still no luck.  

At least the Automation Steps was able to see my UDF!  

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 30 April 2022, 04:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @joe21  After configuring the Automation steps, have you also enabled the fields from the code level in Row_Selected event?

If you did not try, please do add enable code at Row_Selected event and verify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Naveen Boga  WORKED LIKE A CHARM!  THANK YOU!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Just to be clear, it worked like a charm in the Bills and Adjustments screen, but not the Journal Transactions screen.

I implemented the same process for Journal Transactions but was unable to get that field to enable.  I even tried overriding the Enabled property of the UDF in the constructor of the Journal Entry graph out of desperation.

I guess there is something in that graph that is just too powerful to overcome.  At least I was able to enable the field on Bills and Adjustments.  I now have 1 clunky removed and 1 clunky that will stay.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @joe21  Let me check for the JE screen and let you know!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @joe21  I can able to edit the field UDF field even after Release the document. Please find the screenshot for reference.

public class BatchExt : PXCacheExtension<Batch>
{
[PXDBString(30, IsUnicode = true)]
[PXUIField(DisplayName ="Test Field")]
public string UsrDummy { get; set; }
public abstract class usrDummy : PX.Data.BQL.BqlString.Field<usrDummy> { }
}
public class JournalEntry_Extension : PXGraphExtension<JournalEntry>
{
#region Event Handlers

protected virtual void Batch_RowSelected(PXCache cache, PXRowSelectedEventArgs e, PXRowSelected InvokeBaseHandler)
{
InvokeBaseHandler?.Invoke(cache, e);
Batch row = e.Row as Batch;
if (row != null)
{
//Allowing caches to update with below code
Base.BatchModule.Cache.AllowUpdate = true;
PXUIFieldAttribute.SetEnabled<BatchExt.usrDummy>(cache, row, true);
}
}

#endregion
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Naveen Boga 

That worked.  Thank you!

PXRowSelected InvokeBaseHandler) is new to me.  I think I understand its purpose.  It is almost like overriding a constructor?  

Is there some kind of “advanced” training course available?  I know the Developer training can’t cover everything there is to know about customizing Acumatica, but I am curious how I would ever learn something like this without having to post a question on this forum.  I hate posting questions here because I feel like I am a bother.  I like to think I am able to solve issues on my own.  I spent hours trying a myriad of things and I’d never know to do what your solution provided.  

I can’t thank you and the others here enough. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved