Solved

Making a specifica attribute Read Only in Access Rights by Role

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have some attributes that I have set up and added to a particular Contact Class. Of the 5 attributes on that Contact Class I want to make it so that three of them are read only for my Support Representatives. I am struggling to find the field level attribute location that will allow me to set it to read only. I noticed in a previous post related to attributes in Item Classes that the Item Class had an attribute section and I can find a similar thing the access tree for Contact Class but I can’t find a listing of the specific attribute that I want to set the permission level on. Any help on this query would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by wojtysiaks 26 January 2024, 04:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Have you tried to make this a user defined field instead? This would be done through Customization » Manage User Defined Fields.  Once you add an attribute as a UDF, you can then click the properties tab and hide it for any classes it doesn’t refer to.  Once you add the UDF, you will then see it under the ‘Contacts’ field level section at the bottom of the field listing.

***If you want to move the field somewhere else on the main screen, you can use a customization package to easily move that UDF onto the main screen then so you don’t have to toggle to another tab.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved