Solved

Project Specific numbering sequence for Change Requests

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi!

I have clients wondering if there was a way to track change requests per project in numerical order?  Right now, the numbering sequence is global for all projects but some clients are interested in knowing what request number one specific project is at.  I was thinking I could create a UDF or attribute but that would involve the user knowing what the last change request number was which doesn’t seem efficient.  I was curious to know if anyone else has had this come up or has some creative ideas they could share!  Customization is a possibility too but multiple clients have asked about this functionality so might be nice to add it to the core product :)

icon

Best answer by Heidi Dempsey 25 March 2024, 19:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@iqraharrison48  We have the Revenue Change Nbr which is project specific.  Yes, an attribute or UDF would also work for the time being. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Heidi Dempsey that was for change orders but this was specific for change requests.  If we went down the UDF/Attribute route, that would involve manually adding that number or is there an option to automate that number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@iqraharrison48  Here is the idea you can vote on  - it is under future consideration.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved