Solved

Project P&L

• 7 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Trying to modify the project P&L by month but when i look up the report in report designer - this report number is not showing - anyone know why? I’m obviously doing something wrong. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 8 November 2023, 17:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@katiedavison did you select “load from list?” you could also check the site map to see if there is another screen ID for this report

Userlevel 3
Badge

@iqraharrison48  yep i loaded the list! how do I check the site map?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@katiedavison if you search for site map in the search bar it should take you to that screen.  from there, you can search for the report name (sometimes it’s not exact so i would start broad and then hopefully that helps narrow it down)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @katiedavison ,

I believe that report is built within the Finance Report Writer (ARM), not the Acumatica Report Designer “.rpx” report writing tool.

Regarding the site map, you can find it searching for ‘Site Map’ Menu item (SM200520).

Badge +18

@katiedavison ,

Please go to Finance → Preferences, Report Definitions to revise your Project P & L report.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 this is very helpful but how do I edit the “guts” of the report? For example - it shows every single line item on my Schedule of Values but I only want to see a summary of the revenue line item.  Looking to edit some of the coding of the report.. how do I do that? 

Badge +18

Hello Katie,

Acumatica comes with no pre-defined financial reports for projects, so I know that someone at your firm, or your Acumatica Partner designed the report.  The people who designed the report are a good resource for help - an hour of training will make a big difference - will help you to get started modifying project financial reports.

From the Report Definitions screen, Row Sets, Column Setss and optionally, Unit Sets are the Guts of your reports:

In Row Set and Column Set, look for Data Source fields → these important settings control how much Detail is shown on reports, what kind of figures are shown, which projects, tasks, etc. 

Click Magnifying glass in Row & Column to view source of Data in each row/column

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02  that was EXTREMELY helpful! I have figured out how to do it now! Last question: it does not list the project that was selected at the top of the report so if you were to print out the report you’d have no idea what project it was for.  How can I incorporate that as part of the header? 

Badge +18

Woo Hoo, Katie! Nice job. 😃 👍

Report headers are part of the Column Set. If you are prompting for a Project in report parameters, we can display the Start and/or End project in the report headers:

Does this answer your question?

LB

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved