Solved

Project Balances after AP Credit

• 28 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know why Project Balances or Cost Budget lines do not alter even after AP Credit Memo is released / applied?

icon

Best answer by iqraharrison48 1 March 2023, 16:57

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @charltonh ,

Please, it will help us to answer if you show us the details. Otherwise we are just guessing.

1. What project & task does the AP Credit Memo have on the lines?
  1. What GL Account is used on the Credit Adjustment, and what is its Account Group on the Chart of Accounts?
  1. Is the related project transaction batch released?
  1. Where are you looking on the project, to see whether this transaction updated the actual amounts?

(The Cost budget will not change based on any AP document. The Project Balances will change.)

Place your cursor on the Task and Account Group that matches the Task and Account Group from answers 1 and 2 above, and click Transactions to show us what is on the project.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@charltonh 

hi! do you recall what GL accounts were used for the AP credit?  if the GL account isn’t listed in the accounts groups in some capacity, that transaction won’t update the project at all.  

if you would like to see the transaction on the project side now that AP has been updated, you can do so using the project transactions screen.

hope this helps!

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

@Laura02 @iqraharrison48 -- Thanks for reaching out y’all, I realized I had to do someon my own instead of just deep diving and reviewing my teams transactions and found that naturally the Committed Amount fields don’t all revert to 0 with a return. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@charltonh you can update the commitment via commitment change order, in this case it would be a deduct change order since it’s a credit.

Thanks,

Iqra

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved