Solved

How to remove budgets from project templates?

• 13 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

For the given project template, the project template screen revenue and cost tabs show $0, the project budget screen has 0 records, but a the PMBudget table has 21 records.

The GI we built to analyze project budgets is including the project template due to these 21 records, so does anyone know how to get rid of these records?

Thank you,

Dave Z

icon

Best answer by dmzasdf 22 November 2022, 23:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dmzasdf  Can you send me the GI you made so we can take a look?  Was the template made from an existing project originally?  Happy to set up a meeting if you would like.

-Heidi

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey not sure whether template was made from an existing project originally. Attached is GI XML which we do not simply want to filter out templates, but rather have the incorrect data correctly deleted. If a meeting would be best, I’m available after noon Pacific on Thursday and Friday.

Thank you,

Dave Z

Badge +18

Hi,

I have a idea that may work. Try adding this Condition to your GI, to exclude budgets added in the Project Templates screen.  This condition excludes all budgets added in any project templates… not just one template. I hope it meets your need.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@laura01 thank you for the idea, but that will not address mistakenly pulling in budgets associated with templates throughout the system which is our goal

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@dmzasdf  can you please email me the GI so I can download it?  heidi.dempsey@acumatica.com

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Heidi Dempsey email sent with above linked GI XML.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @dmzasdf - were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge

After further review, we found that the records were those from the templates themselves; not from projects converted to templates.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved