Solved

How to get info on labor and burden

• 11 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

IS there a report or GI to generate labor and burden by project? Payroll and Construction modules seem to only want to show labor.

icon

Best answer by Janella 15 August 2022, 15:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @linettesommerer 

There does not seem to be a report out of the box that does what you are looking for. On the Labor Rates, you can see the burden rate individually but there is nothing that shows them all together. 

You can always add this as a product idea for the Acumatica team to create for the future. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you. I don’t need rates; I know those. I need cost totals by period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @linettesommerer 

That would be a customized report. 

Userlevel 2

And I assume I’d have to pay someone to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

You could do it yourself if you were familiar with GI’s and Report writer but if not, unfortunately you would. 

Badge +18

Hello,

How is burden being calculated & posted? Do you have a separate task for burden, and/or a separate Account Group on the related benefit accounts?

I worked with one client who used construction but had external payroll (not Acumatica payroll module), and they posted burden with a Projects Allocation to a specific Burden task and therefore could include burden in regular reports - any that listed the task budget vs. actual, or listed the Account Groups on the project included Burden as well.

I’m not sure how the Payroll module figures in, but your partner who implemented payroll for you can likely answer this:  when Payroll posts the tax & benefit charges, how are they allocated to the projects that these employees worked on?  Can the posting be ‘tweaked’ to hit a specific account that has a projects account group? Can the posting be changed to post on the project to a separate task?  If the answers are yes then you can report these items with standard reports.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Laura01, yes we have a separate account group and GL for Burden. 

Badge +18

Hello,

If you have a separate account group and task for Burden, the project reports will show burden on a separate line. This Cost Budget Status report shows project to date burden, budget versus actual. This report is one project at a time… but you can open the report to see what tables it uses, if you are looking to build a report or GI to show only burden, or burden for all projects listed down the page & totaled.

Since you are interested in burden reporting by period, check out use of Financial Reports (Finance → Preferences → Row Sets) to easily build reports to show project burden by Period and/or year-to-date:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, If you create an account group for Labor Burden the system will automatically separate labor/labor burden and create it’s own lines in the PM transaction, and a line in the Project cost budget for each as well. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved