Solved

Customer Contracts to Projects

• 31 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Acumatica Team,

Is there a way to connect a customer contract to a projects? 

Set up will be done in the customer contract but the billing process will de done on the project screen.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by jsheehan56 15 August 2023, 18:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

why do you need a customer contract if the billing is being done in the project screen? I’m not sure I understand the workflow. 

There is no ability to link these fields because they are essentially the exact same field. The projects application takes the exact same ContractID and ContractCD fields from contract management and repurposes them in a new blown out version of the Customer Contract screen (relabeled Projects). 

Essentially you can either use the light customer contract screen or the robust project screen for handling of this project, but not both. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I think the main reason is because if they use the Case Management, this module is setuped to be use with Contract and, both of them permit to do mass case bills via the Contract, but all time activities and invoices goes to Project X (Something we don’t want).

@Fie isnt it?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved