Solved

Windows Server 2022 is supported by ACM 21 R1?

• 21 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi!

ACM 21 R1 supports Windows Server 2022?

In the documentation software requirements stops at WIndows Server 2019.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 21 July 2022, 15:39

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@alexlaban

It might be working with no issues but it was not Fully tested on Acumatica side. Latest confirmed version is 2019 6 bit.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone tried installing to Windows Server 2022 and Acumatica loaded successfully? I am currently attempting it and getting the site can’t be reached after the initial configuration and install. Triple checked all settings for IIS and they are correct. Any thoughts?

I personally tried on Windows 11 and reverted back to Windows 10 on my laptop because I was noticing some compatibility issues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@nhorvathNAW Which .Net Framework did you install on Win Server 2022?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@rosenjon I included .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7. Then did a manual install for 4.8. We also tried on a 2019 server with the same results, so it must be something on the server, not the versions of Windows Server.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

For 2021 R1, you will .Net Framework 4.8 and .Net Core 3.1. Make sure both of those are installed:

http://acumatica-builds.s3.amazonaws.com/builds/21.1/ReleaseNotes/AcumaticaERP_2021R1_ReleaseNotes_full.pdf

I don’t know much about Win Server 2022, but from past experience it’s fairly unusual for IIS and .NET apps that ran on the previous version (Server 2019) to break completely; there may be tweaks to the configuration required to get things working. However, it is Microsoft, and their first-year of new OS releases are always rocky, so that’s not an absolute statement by any means. Also, you may want to give 2022 R1 a try, as that is probably being worked on for an upgrade to Win Server 2022, even if it’s not officially in the release notes yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

FWIW...I have put 2023R1 (beta) on Win Server 2022 and it works. Can’t provide info for any other versions, but 2023R1 seems to work fine (although this is not a live site, so take it fwiw).

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can we definitely say Acumatica 23 R1 is supported on Windows 2022 and Azure 2022?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Can we definitely say Acumatica 23 R1 is supported on Windows 2022 and Azure 2022?

The official installation guide on the help site  (updated for 23 R1 supposedly), still does not list Windows Server 2022 or Sql Server 2022 as valid OS/DB options. So I think my answer to this would be no.

However, I am running a test instance using this OS/DB combo and it works fine. I would suggest using this configuration to begin a test migration of your install, but wait for formal support to move any production instances.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved