Solved

'W(n)' in Acumatica URL not incrementing, causing widgets with shared filters to not load properly

• 11 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

I am having an issue with the ‘W(n)’ value in the URL generated by Acumatica.

For reference, this is a sample URL https://domain/AcumaticaInstanceName/(W(n))/Main?ScreenId= AR3010PL

Basically, when clicking a shared filter KPI widget on a Dashboard, the system opens the Generic Inquiry in a new tab, however the W(n) value is always the same and the shared filter that is opened is the same as when the user clicks the first filter. I am aware that this value is used for caching purposes, however I cant understand why its not incrementing such that the correct shared filter is opened.

Has anyone had experience with such issues please? If so, can you please advise what can be done to sort such issues?

Thanks,

Nigel Pace

icon

Best answer by npace29 30 January 2021, 18:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello there!

I can’t replicate the issue on my end. Tried both legacy and quick filters. Once the Shared Filter is assigned on the scorecard KPI widget, the data is shown only from this filter, and the navigation happens only to it as well.

Tested on 20.202.0043.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi to all,

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, after some further investigation, we identified the above issue was due to the secure flag from two HTTP cookies (titled prevwin and  lastwin) being set to True. Hence, somehow the W(n) keeping count of the session across the browser was affected by this. To solve this, we had to remove the secure flag from the above cookies.

Hope this helps anyone who might come across this.

Thanks,

Nigel Pace

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved