Solved

Upgrade issue from 2022 R1 to 2023 R2.HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable

• 23 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Good day

I have upgraded from 2022 R1 to 2023 R2 by installing the file from the community website. I did a direct upgrade from built Build 22.106.0015 to the latest built on 2023 R2.

After first upgrading the database and finished of updating the website and all processes were successful.

The Instance I upgraded named BuffaloDB.

When I then tried to Launch the application I got the error message shown below, “HTTP Error 503. Service unavailable”

What could be the issue?

I even did a new separate instance to see if I can login I manage to create a demo instance but the one I tried to upgrade from 2022 R1 failed.

How can I make the upgraded instance from 2022 R1 to 2023 R2 work? On this installation it is on VMWARE as a way of testing the upgrade in the actual production environment.

Also on this installation I do not have .NET 4.8 framework could it be the issue?

icon

Best answer by pallikasharma11 9 January 2024, 20:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@kudzaim20  Looks like the IIS >application pool for this instance is stopped. Check it on application server IIS and start the application if you see it is stopped.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kudzaim20  Looks like the IIS >application pool for this instance is stopped. Check it on application server IIS and start the application if you see it is stopped.

Good day

Checked the Default pool is starting and stopping, tried to use a new pool , and the issue is still happening application will not open even though the Application poll is running.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @kudzaim20 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @kudzaim20 

.NET framework is definitely a requirement and could be the cause of error. The installation guide is available on community. Sharing screen captures of the system requirements-

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved