Solved

Initial Login Error on Tenant

• 5 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

I just created a test instance for Acumatica for the first time.  However, I cannot do an initial login in my tenat company as admin.  The password I thought I set isn’t working and I have tried different multiple password combinations.  I’ve also tried to searching numerous Acumatica docs and I cannot find any reference on how to login to a tenant for the first time.  

I did find a site on the web that said the initial credentials were “admin” and “setup”. However, this didn’t work either

How do you reset or change credentials in this case?  Is there a different set of default credentials? Do I need to uninstall this instance and create a new one?  

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 5 October 2023, 19:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The initial password for admin should be setup and it will then prompt you to enter a new password

Userlevel 3

Thanks.  I did try that and that is not working either. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

hi @cmanhoff ,

If you have DB access,Please try the below query for password reset.

UPDATE Users SET Password = '123', LockedOutDate =null WHERE Username = 'admin'
Userlevel 3

Thanks for the answers.  I’m not sure how the tenant credentials were messed up and the DB query tip will be helpful in the future.  But, in the interest of time, I just deleted the first tenant and installed a new one.  The “admin” and “setup” credentials did work that time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@cmanhoff If the Tenant is created through UI and Tenants Screen, the admin user and password of Tenant would be the same is the one you were logged in. So when you login as admin on initial tenant you should be able to see the new tenant as an option on top right corner and tenant selector which means the username and password is the same.

If you logged in as another user like abc at the time Tenant created, then user abc with same password would be added to the new tenant.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved