Solved

How to setup a notification when a client opens a case through the self-service portal

• 8 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello! Looking for assistance on how best to create an email notification when a client opens a case through the self-service portal. I’ve tried a business event and an automation notification but can’t seem to get the email to send for portal created cases. Ideally, the email that gets generated has the client who submitted the case in the to email and then an internal email cced so we are notified when a client opens a case through the portal. Currently, we have no way of knowing when a client created case is created besides looking at our list of open cases.

I have a business event notification set up currently to send the email when a case is created, but it seems to be excluding any cases created through the portal.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Irina 8 September 2021, 21:05

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @hayleehicks18 ,

According to Business Events form reference and 

article,

If a business event needs to be triggered by the changes made in Acumatica Self-Service Portal the related generic inquiry must be added to the Self-Service Portal site map. If the related generic inquiry is used as an entry point, then the entry point form should be added to the Self-Service Portal site map. In Acumatica Self-Service Portal forms are added to the site map on the Portal Map (SM200521) form.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Irina,

Thanks for the quick response! I have the attached inquiry to show cases created from the portal case screen ID. This is what my current business event has been trying to use with trigger by record change > for each record > record inserted. Are you saying I need to add this generic inquiry to the portal map and not expose on a workspace for this business event to work correctly? If so, what URL should I be using for tine inquiry on the portal map? Using the GI URL from our main instance is giving an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

For business event to work for records, created on the portal (i.e. changed by the portal):

1. On your Acumatica ERP site, open Site Map (SM200520) form. Filter out GI created for the business event. Stay on this tab - you will need values from this row copy-pasted in the next step.

2. Login to your Acumatica Self-Service portal with the user, having Portal Admin access.and open the Portal Map (SM200521) form. Add a new row with the same values (ScreenID, Title, URL) as on the previous step.

3. Save changes.

That’s it. After that your BE will be triggering for all cases, including the ones created on the portal.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Irina,

I just added the GI to the portal map and tested creating the case from the portal and did not get an email notification. Is my business event setup correctly? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@hayleehicks18 could you please try disabling business event by unchecking Active check box, restarting the ERP site on the Apply Updates form, and enabling business event back?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @hayleehicks18, could you resolved this issue with @Irina suggestion?

I tried to do the same thing but it didnt work. And honestly, Im quite confused because I dont understand why is necessary to use the portal map. Its my understanding that if I configured a business event for a screen (cases), any record inserted or changed, the event will trigger despite the origin of the case creation. 

Help please...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rodrigocid34 This issue is closed already a year ago, I think it would be most beneficial to make a new post and include some screenshots of what isn’t working and the configuration

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rodrigocid34 Could you please share the Business events XML file? 

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge

hi @manikantad18 Im going to create a new post and work it from there. Ill show you there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hi @manikantad18 Im going to create a new post and work it from there. Ill show you there.

Sure, Please update the new Link here once you created,

Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge

hi @manikantad18 Im going to create a new post and work it from there. Ill show you there.

Sure, Please update the new Link here once you created,

Thank you

Notification when a client opens a case through the self-service portal is not working | Community (acumatica.com)

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved