Solved

How to connect new Selector Attribute to Project Attributes screen?

Badge +16

Hello,

We have a new Foreman attribute that should allow the user to Select from the Employee List when adding new projects. We set up the attribute as follows:

When we try to add Foreman to Project Attributes screen, it’s not in the list. Why? What  have I missed?  The attribute appears to be active and is not used elsewhere. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Nayan Mansinha 9 March 2022, 19:49

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @laura01  I’m not sure able the exact reason but, In Project Attributes screen, it will load all types of attributes except the Selector Type from the Attributes screen.

Please find the code below for reference.

Badge +16

Thank you Naveen,

I checked other screens where attributes can be attached, like customer class/vendor class.  I could not connect our new Foreman attribute to any profile screens that I checked.  I AM able to see the new attribute in document screens like AP Bill.  Can this be changed?  It will be ever-so-useful if I can use the Selector-type attributes everywhere attributes can be used.  Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

hi @laura01 ,

I have verified this and experiences the same issue as you indicated, where attribute that is marked as selector doesn’t show in attribute configuration. We couldn’t find the root cause of it.

However, I was able to configure the selector using “User Defined Field” feature of Acumatica that provide user ability for user to create few field as required without coding. Can you review whether this helps for your need.

Please review this video for creating the user defined fields with out coding - 

Badge +16

Thank you for your response and for the work-around. I did notice I could add the Attribute as a User-Defined field on documents and batches, but did not realize Some Attributes can only be User Defined Fields while other Attributes can be Attributes.   I read the help and found no descriptions of why one kind of attribute is set up in Attribute screen but cannot be used as an Attribute.

I would like to see all Attributes be Attributes, instead of needing two ways to set up attribute fields and two places for users to enter attribute data on the same project.  I will enter this as a Product Idea.

Thank you, again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @laura01  Yeah, that is correct but I’m assuming that there should be a reason for NOT displaying the Selector type of Attributes.

@Chris Hackett  Can you please help us to check with the Acumatica support team internally and get back to us on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Naveen B and @laura01 - I have forwarded to some support team. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @laura01  - support asked that a support issue be opened so they can review and track accordingly. Thank you! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I checked with the CRM team and found out that selector attributes were specifically implemented for UDF functionality and was never added to Attributes. And UDFs will replace Attributes at some point in future.

It is good to know the reasoning for the Selector only being for UDFs, however I was a little confused that Attributes will be replaced by UDFs in the future. Aren’t attributes linked to Classes to extend extra field for specific groups, whereas UDFs are more Document level?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I checked with the CRM team and found out that selector attributes were specifically implemented for UDF functionality and was never added to Attributes. And UDFs will replace Attributes at some point in future.

Something that it’s cool with Attribute is that I can add it to only one class of “service order” , and put it Required for this specific type, and not all the type. If I go with UDF, no possibility to put “Required” or set which class to put this UDF. I’m I right?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved