Solved

Do customization in 2 tenants with same database

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

We are working on a environment Acumatica Cloud ERP 2021 R2 with 2 tenant: Production and TEST but it only has 1 database. It leads to whenever we publish the customization on TEST environment, the Production is overwritten also.

Hence, we want to clone it to a locally environment (install windows server on pc then install Acumatica 2021 R2). What do you think about this option?

Beside that, I have some concerns:

1. Is it possible to access Acumatica Cloud Database to clone it then import to my local environment?
  2. If I export all project customization on Production and import it to new environment (my local environment), Will the customization between them be the same?
  3. Install Acumatica 2021 R2 on a local machine needs license, doesn’t it?

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by DavidEichner 27 October 2022, 17:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mrthanhkhoi  

When dealing with customizations, it is best to either have a separate sandbox site rather than a test tenant for the reasons you have encountered.  To get the data and customizations into another site hosted on a machine of your choosing (PC or an AWS LightSail instance), you would want to export a snapshot after getting everyone out of Acumatica with the Apply Updates screen:

After the snapshot is created and prepared for export, click the Export Snapshot button to download data and customizations.  

On the sandbox site, you can then import and restore the snapshot.  After that, publish the customizations in the sandbox site.

Best,

David Eichner, CPA

Sr Solutions Architect

Kensium

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @DavidEichner ,

Thank you very much for your help.

Khoi

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @DavidEichner,

My environment has very large data so the option exportmode Full seems be impossible.

If I select “Setting only”, does it mean export all customization?

Regards,

Khoi

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved