Solved

After upgrade to 2022 R1, get error that Employee is not a user when trying to create a timecard. Is the requirement not that we have to create an user for all Employees?

• 22 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

After our upgrade to A2022 R1,  users are cannot create a Timecard for employees that are not setup as users.  We have the delegate assigned.   Error:

Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Employee value 000001562 EP Error: The employee record is not associated with a user.

IF this is the requirement, then this seems will cause major business process changes to enter time for employees associated to projects that are not users.

icon

Best answer by Doug Johnson 23 August 2022, 19:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@phillipmarotta thanks for brining this to our attention. After some investigation we found:

• Prior to 2020 R2, you could not enter a timecard without a user account
  • From 2020 R2 through 2021 R2, you could enter a timecard without a user account
  • In 2022 R1, you cannot enter a timecard without a user account

Workaround: customers on 2022 R1 can create a user account with a status of inactive and link it to the employee that needs a timecard. This will allow an active employee to enter time on their behalf. The user account needs to be in the inactive status or it will count as a licensed user for Small Business Edition customers.

Future: in a future update of 2022 R1 we will allow users to enter timecards for employees without user accounts. The current plan is to incorporate this into update 13 that is scheduled for September 9, 2022. Please note that the change may not make it into update 13.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for the update and clarification.  We have incorporated the work around by adding 60 users and put them to a User Type as Internal Employee.  I am glad the Future will not require the user as there are many situations with Employees not being users and impact modules like Payroll.  This client is project based,  I checked with another project based client and they do not have users for their employees.  

Enjoy the day.

Userlevel 3
Badge

R1 we will allow users to enter timecards for employees without user accounts. The current plan is to incorporate this into update 13 that is scheduled for September 9, 2022. Please note that the change may not make it into update 13.

I’m gathering that this change didn’t make it in.  We’re on 2022 R2 Build 22.206.0035 and I can’t create a time card for an employee without a user account; unless:

I created an “Employee” list in the Company Tree and added employees there without creating user accounts.  This allows the employee to have a time card.  

What I’m curious about (as we’re just testing at the moment) is if this will cause problems moving forward into payroll etc.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved