Solved

Sale & Issue of Stock Items

• 6 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi

We sell various hardware items.  Suppose we are selling Item A.

Item A may be issued from Stock in 3 ways:

1. at the standard price, paid in full by the customer on invoice
  2. on a hire purchase (rental to purchase model), paid over a term of 36 months
  3. free of charge as a warranty replacement 

In each case the Item is identical so I don’t want to create more than one Inventory ID.  As far as I see Subitems or Attributes would require me to do so.

Currently we distinguish between these models as follows:

1. price applied is the list price
  2. price applied is the list price with 100% discount
  3. free item box is ticked

Is there a better way to identify these different commercial methods on a Sales Order, such that we can report on them conveniently later?

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 6 December 2023, 19:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @gwynroberts35 

Along with attributes, have you looked at using Sales Price Worksheets? That would change the pricing as soon as it is added to a sales order based on criteria. 

@kandybeatty49 Thanks for your answer. 

As a Sales Price Worksheet specifies a price for each Inventory ID, this doesn’t help, does it?  I would need a different Inventory ID for each scenario, which would complicate the stock side (the system would expect individual stock levels for identical and indistinguishable items)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@gwynroberts35 best you can do is to add a custom field with 3 dropdown value so you can select desired Sales Model when a SO is created and then report as you wish.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved