Question

User cannot add/upload files to transactions system seems to spin or hang - was working for her the last year

• 6 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

An end user has been having issues lately with adding file attachments to transactions such as AR Payments.  She has Admin Security, her security has not changed and she has the same security roles as other users and they are not having the issue.  She has been adding attachments for over a year and lately it just spins and the screen hangs when she chooses upload.  Also when she does the drag and drop her icon just spins.  If she refreshes the screen, sometimes the file is there and is uploaded.  But sometimes it isn’t.

If she goes to another testing tenant it works just fine and she is able to add an attachment. I can add the attachment she is trying to add just fine and it works immediately in production.

I have had her clear her cache in Chrome, also she has tried Firefox browser and the issues still occurs.  Any suggestions before I open a support case?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sheilao08 

Is this issue happens to only one User?

I recommend checking the behavior in Mozilla.

Also please share the screen recording to check any other possible thoughts on this issue. 

Also, request her to check the same options by Logging into a different machine.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @sheilao08 

Along with what @manikantad18  stated, have you checked the User for the Guest Account checkbox and the IP filter? The IP filter would limit where the user could login. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21 Both the guest account is unmarked and nothing under the IP Address for her userid.  I will have the her log in with her userid from my computer and see if that works.

She can change tenants over to the testing tenant and it works just fine so makes me think it is something in the configuration with production.  But very strange because nothing has changed and she has been doing this same thing for over a year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@kbeatty21 Both the guest account is unmarked and nothing under the IP Address for her userid.  I will have the her log in with her userid from my computer and see if that works.

She can change tenants over to the testing tenant and it works just fine so makes me think it is something in the configuration with production. 

Another thought I just had was, have you looked at the Access Rights by Role? The Files and File Maintenance rights?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@kbeatty21 Yes, I looked at roles first.  She has the same security as everyone else, myself and others that can access things.  She has admin role which has delete access rights to files and file maintenance .

Userlevel 4
Badge

@manikantad18, @kbeatty21 I had the user remote access my computer and login to Acumatica, and adding the file attachment worked from my computer with her login.  I Then had her right click on Chrome and login incognito.  When she does that on her computer and gets into Acumatica it does allow her to add the attachment as well.  So her user access/permissions should be fine and chrome works incognito. But her regular login to Acumatica using Chrome and Mozilla both don’t work.

I had her clear her cache and she is going to reboot as well but seems odd it works incognito.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@manikantad18@kbeatty21 I had the user remote access my computer and login to Acumatica, and adding the file attachment worked from my computer with her login.  I Then had her right click on Chrome and login incognito.  When she does that on her computer and gets into Acumatica it does allow her to add the attachment as well.  So her user access/permissions should be fine and chrome works incognito. But her regular login to Acumatica using Chrome and Mozilla both don’t work.

I had her clear her cache and she is going to reboot as well but seems odd it works incognito.

It’s usually a cache issue. If you can, have her clear her whole history, sometimes that causes it as well. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved