Solved

Export multiple specific files to external storage

• 16 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello Everyone,

I need to export some specific attachment files to my external storage. I found this screen File Maintenance.
is there a way to specify multiple files at once then move them to my external storage instead of one by one?

I need them to be stored on external storage and not in Acumatica database.

Kindly assist.

Any kind of response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by chris49 20 February 2023, 09:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @development93 

I don’t know of a way to specifically export multiple files from the database at once, but I do know that there is a way to change the default behaviour of where attached files are stored.

So essentially you could change the file storage to ‘Store attached files in a local folder’, which would expose those files on your windows server.

You can read more about it over here: https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a5989c03-43df-4f31-bd2d-db6d79be31c8

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @development93 

I don’t know of a way to specifically export multiple files from the database at once, but I do know that there is a way to change the default behaviour of where attached files are stored.

So essentially you could change the file storage to ‘Store attached files in a local folder’, which would expose those files on your windows server.

You can read more about it over here: https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=a5989c03-43df-4f31-bd2d-db6d79be31c8

followed this and it took me to External File Storage;

But this doesn’t solve my issue since the option available here to move files to external storage(MOVE FILES TO STORAGE), actually moves all attached files to external storage upon clicking it.

I don’t wish to move all files to external storage but some specific files.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @development93 

followed this and it took me to External File Storage;

But this doesn’t solve my issue since the option available here to move files to external storage(MOVE FILES TO STORAGE), actually moves all attached files to external storage upon clicking it.

I don’t wish to move all files to external storage but some specific files.

Hi @development93 ,

Ah, right, I see - I miss understood your initial requirements. If you would like to enable file synchronisation (which enables you to keep specific files up to date with an external source) for multiple files, then you can perhaps look at doing 1 of 2 things:

• Create an import scenario
    • I think this option is trickier, because you would need to know all the file information.
  • Create a Generic Inquiry, and allow mass field updates on this GI
    • This eliminates the need to know the file information, since you’re displaying it on screen.
    • See the steps I followed below to test this out.
    • One thing I would like to point out here is, the information retrieval (i.e. when the GI loaded) was extremely slow for me, so I cheated a little bit and narrowed the result set down using the PrimaryScreenID field (which kind of makes sense, since I’d imagine you would like to target specific files, uploaded on specific screens) - this in turn made the results loads much faster.

I hope this helps?

Here you can see where I added the primary screen id filter, to help with page load time
You can specify any of the fields you deem appropriate

And here’s the results:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@chris49 : Thankyou so much for this GI for updating the Synchronization information on the file maintenance screen but there is no way to enable mass action after the Synchronization credentials have been updated on the GI.
The mass action does not have the EXPORT FILE option on the GI screen.

But this GI is great to get all the Files that you would like to download from a particular screen. I am just testing with one screen.(I am trying to download all the attachment attached to the AP bills and adjustment screen.(I think multiple screens would also work, we would just need to provide the screenIDs for each screen) I am not using the mass update on this GI.

After i run this GI , I am getting the FILE name which is on the file maintenance screen and I created a Import scenario to update the Sync credentials and export the attachment to the shared folder.
The import scenario will update each file sync credentials and download the file, then move to the next File.

The import scenario exports the attachment to the folder specified.

I hope this helps you when trying to download multiple attachments.

Shilpi

Userlevel 4
Badge

That is excellent @sdas09 👌🏻 Thanks for adding the steps to get the Import Scenario working, etc. Very much appreciated.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved