Skip to main content

We see many client having outgrown or will outgrown their database sizes.  Has anyone found a solution to purge files?  A lot of these files are PDF’s of documents sent to customers/vendors, excel spreadsheets used to import data during implementation, images or documents like BOL’s and receiving tickets from vendors. etc. I have tried writing import scenarios and even asked for support but there just does not seem to an easy way to get rid of old files.

How would you go about determining what is ‘old’?

Logically you need a processing screen with bunch of parameter to set the desired criteria and act on the filtered attachments result. I have developed a customization that works on AP, AR and EP transactional screens but my clients use it for Mass Downloads of attachments mostly used in construction vertical to provide supporting documents needed for Progress Draws. If it is a must have not nice to have and you got a paying client I can repurpose that by adding a delete action so it deletes the attachments in addition to downloading.

My team has developed customization, which allows to delete files. Below goes couple of screenshots:

And also cleaning by revisions with plenty of filters:

we made it as processing screen, but for now didn’t try that functionality