Question

Shopify Gift Card w/ Additional Products on the order. How should these be handled in the ERP?

• 28 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Freshman I
  • 13 replies

When an order comes in with both products and gift cards how are you all handling them in the ERP?

We have been marking the gift cards as complete before creating shipment (since Shopify sends the digital GC and our shipping department has nothing to scan or send if we don’t), but we are seeing that in doing this the gift card is not being added to the invoice and therefore is not being paid in the ERP.  Also, Acumatica is then only capturing the invoiced amount sans the gift card payment.

How should we be doing this so that the correct money is being collected and the ERP is showing the GC sales? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KEL , Gift Card should be set up as a non-stock item that does not require shipping in Acumatica. This way, you won’t need to add it to a shipment, but when you create an invoice, the gift card item will be added to that invoice.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KEL , Gift Card should be set up as a non-stock item that does not require shipping in Acumatica. This way, you won’t need to add it to a shipment, but when you create an invoice, the gift card item will be added to that invoice.

@Yuri Karpenko Thank you.

We use the pick pack and ship which requires that anything on the pick list be scanned and shipped.

How do we not have the GC on a shipment if we don’t check the completed box? Even if the item is not required to ship it still shows up on the pick list when we create a shipment. Sorry, we are very new to this and are a little stumped by this one. During our integration with Shopify we were told to mark the GCs completed, but as you can see above that is causing them to not process the payments because they are not invoiced.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KEL , that’s the reason you need your GC to be a non-stock with these boxes unchecked:

If you do this setup, the GC will not appear on the Shipment document, and it won’t be on the Pick Pack Ship list.

LMK if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@KEL , that’s the reason you need your GC to be a non-stock with these boxes unchecked:

If you do this setup, the GC will not appear on the Shipment document, and it won’t be on the Pick Pack Ship list.

@Yuri Karpenko The item was set up as non-stock. I had to uncheck the require shipping (which I did right after your first post) and saved it but it still went into the shipment when the next order came in several hours later.

To get it to work we had to ship zero qty on the products and confirm the shipment on just the GC. Then create a shipment for the remaining (now back ordered items). There really has to be a better way of doing this with the Pick, Pack Ship.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KEL , I recorded a short (6 min) clip for you to show how it usually works.  If you see it differently, then there is a disconnect somewhere.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko Thank you for the video. I will look at this more closely tomorrow, but I have the non-stock item set up as shown.

We do not capture funds in Shopify at time of order rather at time of shipping so getting the gift cards on the invoice is extremely important. As it is right now the funds are not being captured for the GC.

Purchases of just giftcards was working fine. That is until I made changes to the non-stock item. (keeping an eye on those now too)

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @KEL were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @KEL were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Not really. We still have to go thru the additional steps of shipping the card then creating a shipment for the items. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Are you invoicing from the Shipment or the Sales Order?  If the gift card is on the Sales Order and does not require shipping, it should invoice.  I can see invoicing only the Shipment skipping it since the gift card was not shipped.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved