Solved

Same item, different prices based on warehouse

• 12 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have a client who has a need for items that are refurbished to be priced differently in Big Commerce and Acumatica.

Ideally, the item would be a pencil and if the pencil was sharpened, it would have the same SKU but be priced lower based on a location in a warehouse. 

Does anyone have an idea on how to achieve this?

I’m pretty sure it’s a limitation with Big Commerce but couldn’t hurt to ask with so many smarter than me here! 😁

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 12 February 2024, 22:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kandy Beatty , that’s a great question! I would say that sharpened vs. unsharpened pencil represent 2 different SKUs.  Same with new vs. refurbished item.

The limitation actually exists in both, Acumatica and BigCommerce. There is no way in Acumatica to set a different price based on the location (warehouse - yes, but not a location). In BigCommerce, you cannot use location / warehouse for price differences (at least, not without a customization).

Finally, if you need to be able to sell both, new and refurbished items at the same time (say, I go to a pencil product in BigCommerce, and I can either buy a new one, or a sharpened one), your best approach will be to use a product with variants. In this case, you will set it up as 2 stock items in Acumatica with a template item that serves as an umbrella for them. A variant option (attribute in Acumatica) will be “Condition”, and a user can choose between “New” and “Sharpened”.  Each product will have a separate SKU and a separate price.

If you need help further on this one, don’t hesitate to let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @Yuri Karpenko

I appreciate the response. It was as I expected also!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved