Solved

Key to Sync Acumatica Stock Item to Shopify

• 10 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I can sync stock items to Shopify; however, it always creates a new item instead of updating an item that already exists. I have tried using the SKU and/or description/title but I cannot update a product origionally created in Shopify. The integration will only update products created from the sync. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by estebanperalta54 10 April 2023, 14:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @matt hoss 

In Acumatica we have an option to sync the Item information from the Acumatica.

Please create a stock Item in Acm Instead of shopify which gives the erp transaction ID ( link between the systems), Now if the user updates the item it will populates the data from Acm->Shopify

• Export: Data is exported from Acumatica ERP to the external e-commerce system.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

HI @matt hoss you should also be able to tie it to an existing item in shopify by navigating to the sync history screen and edit sync. Note you can find the external ID on the URL when you are viewing the item setup on shopify:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Are you exporting data from non-matrix items in Acumatica to a Shopify listing with variants? I think I had this issue before and that was the cause. If so, you will need to convert your stock items in Acumatica to matrix items to have a functioning data export.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@matt hoss Acumatica Shopify connector performs automatic duplicates merge by matching Shopify SKU to Inventory ID fields. This means, that on the first sync, connector will check if there is an item in Shopify with the same SKU as InventoryID in Acumatica, and if the item is found, then it will link the items instead of creating a new one.

Please note, that this duplicates merge is performed only on the first sync on an item. If link is stablished already, then this deduplication won’t happen anymore. Also, it does not work with product variants, matching is designed to work with products only.

Please refer to the documentation - https://help.acumatica.com/(W(17))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5ecd0d16-a869-4ccb-bf09-7ffb05f25a4e

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Also, it does not work with product variants, matching is designed to work with products only.

We have a lot of items with variants in Shopify that are normal stock items in Acumatica (not matrix) and we have found that order import and order export works fine if the SKU in Shopify matches the inventory ID in Acumatica. 

So if all you need is order communication, you don’t have to convert your stock items in Acumatica to matrix items. In this scenario, you can still manually control inventory levels for each variant in Shopify.

If you need inventory and listing data sync between your stock items in Acumatica and variants in Shopify, you will need to convert your items to matrix items in Acumatica

Userlevel 1

HI @matt hoss you should also be able to tie it to an existing item in shopify by navigating to the sync history screen and edit sync. Note you can find the external ID on the URL when you are viewing the item setup on shopify:

This is it! Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are upgrading to 23.1 and I am having the same issue in our test scenario. And even worse all the replies to the OP suggest manually editing the product ID in sync history but the edit option has been taken away from us.  We can no longer manually switch a current item in the ERP to a new item in Shopify or back to an old item already on Shopify if Acumatica has created a new item for that.

This is happening in Product Availability entity.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved