Solved

Granular AP Permissions

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to lock down the editing permissions for Bills & Adjustments (view only) except for those Bills that they're assigned to be an approver of? For example, we'd want them to be able to change the GL Account, add lines, etc. but we don't want them to do that for Bills outside of their department. I feel like that's probably a standard capability, but I can't figure out how to get the access rights to do it that way.

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 25 March 2024, 23:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @lawsont you can’t. Notes to consider: 1) add/edit/delete are screen based permissions. 2) some view permission can be combined with row level security for example restricting access to branches or projects. 3) even if the above two could be combined for modification permissions, still editing is limited to when AP Bill is On Hold. When it becomes Pending Approval then the bill is not Editable. 4) If a user attempts to Put the Bill On Hold to edit, then the Approvals and Assignments are wiped out so the engine doesn’t know who is the authorized approver to allow or disallow editing.

as someone who has worked intensely with Approvals, I can tell you what you want to do is not possible without a decent customization work.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@aaghaei Shoot, okay I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved