Solved

Can the ecommerce connector sync a stock item attribute to product variant metafield in Shopify?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Just need to clarify - does the ecommerce connector support syncing a stock item attribute to a product variant metafield in Shopify? Or does it only support syncing to a product metafield? 

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 6 September 2023, 17:57

View original

44 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @BorisRudi56 - I tested syncing a Template attribute to Product -> Product Variants -> Metafields in Shopify and it worked; the value from the Template attribute synced to the same variant metafield for the multiple matrix items underneath that Template.

However, that is not what we’re looking for - what we really need is to be able to map Matrix item attributes to Product Variant metafields. (This would be a one-to-one sync of data.)

It appears this is available in 23R2, based on the below from the release notes (page 219) - the hope was this would be brought to 23R1 in a minor update, but this has not been the case.

Userlevel 3

@mikeho thank you for the information, we will check and keep you posted

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho, we changed the approach to get the Matrix item in 2023R2, so we can support the variant level mapping. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 thanks for the additional details. Sounds like the only way to get the mapping we need is to upgrade to 23R2.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@KarthikGajendran @mikeho @StevenRatner 

I just tested pushing a product attribute into Shopify Metafield,  in 23R1 Build 14, it says this was fixed in Build 12 release notes...but still not working for me. 

Userlevel 3

@K2a , with 23R1 Build 14 it became possible to export fields from Template items or standard fields of Matrix items to variants metafields. 

Later with  2023R2 the ERP object Template Items -> Matrix -> Attributes was added to allow export of attributes from matrix items.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@K2a , with 23R1 Build 14 it became possible to export fields from Template items or standard fields of Matrix items to variants metafields. 

Later with  2023R2 the ERP object Template Items -> Matrix -> Attributes was added to allow export of attributes from matrix items.

Ah..thanks for the clarification!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@K2a and @BorisRudi56 , We found there is an issue for getting the value from Template Items -> Matrix -> Attributes in 2023R2, if you want to get a value from matrix item attribute, it may not have the correct value. We are working on it now.

If the field is not an attribute, it should work fine. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We are on 23R2 Build 23.207.0025 and the options are there for mapping - but they do not work. After mapping, we get no errors, but it does not update the variant metafields.

Are we doing something wrong? Or is this an issue with Shopify still?

Userlevel 3

@nathantrauscht , the Build 23.207.0025 still has the issue with getting values from the ERP object Template Items -> Matrix -> Attributes, that was mentioned by @simonliang91 previously. We plan to fix it in 23.208.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BorisRudi56 thank you for the update - looking forward to the fix!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@BorisRudi56 - I see that build 23.208.0026 is now available. Can you confirm that this issue was fixed in this build? I didn’t see any mention of it in the release notes. And if it has not yet been fixed, can you advise when it will be fixed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho , the issue has been fixed, it will be released in 2023R209. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 - we’ve been preparing to upgrade from 23R1 to 23R208 for this specific fix. Do you have any general idea when 23R209 will be released?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho, according to the plan, the 2023R209 will be released on March 1st. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Great! Thanks, @simonliang91 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Confirming this is working in 23.210.0017!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mikeho , could you share your mapping? We have fixed it in 2023r209.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@simonliang91 - I updated my comment right after I posted it; just had to tweak the mapping and then it worked. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved