Solved

Add Export Mapping To Shopify Entity

• 4 October 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I am Trying to find where/how to add a new “ERP Field / Value” to the BC202000 screen. We would like to be able to push an attribute with the “ERP Object => Template Items → Matrix” like we are able to with the “Template Items → attributes”.

Or we would like to be able to push a custom field on a matrix item so we can push our UPCs to Shopify.

How can I add custom fields to this dropdown?

I’ve been looking through the PX.Commerce.Shopify source, but as far as I can find it pulls the values out of the ether.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Yuri Karpenko 4 October 2023, 16:30

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AidenMission , UPC exists on the matrix item level (child of a template item), and is stored in the Cross-References tab, when one of the line is set up with type Barcode.  If you fill out those values for your matrix inventory, they will flow into Shopify’s product variants.  The idea is that each variant can (and probably should) have a separate UPC, since a variant represent a distinct product.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Yuri Karpenko, that makes sense to me, but I have added the value to the cross reference and it is still not flowing in. Is there somewhere else that I need to configure the system? I have also removed the old export mapping so that should not be an issue.

UPDATE:
I tested this on a lone stock item (one not part of a template) and it did push the barcode through, so I am unsure as to why it is failing for the child inventory items.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AidenMission , hmm..  I just tried it with these settings:

And Shopify received the UPC correctly:

The only other thought I have is, make sure that your Stock Items mapping on the Entities screen doesn’t redefine UPC mapping in any way, since I believe that matrix items use Stock / Non-Stock Item mapping.

LMK how it goes.  Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @Yuri Karpenko, I’ve checked and I don’t have I don’t have any mappings overwriting it for stock or nonstock items. I also spun up my test server and tried with no customizations and it did not work either. So, I have opened a case with our VAR and we are working on it. If we find out what it is I will announce it here in case someone else is having a similar issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having the same issue. Template items not sending the UPC up to Shopify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KEL , your best course of action would be to open a case with Acumatica.  @AidenMission , did you have any updates yet?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko What version was your Acumatica instance on? I was just informed by our VAR, “The Core Shopify connector does not currently support barcode mapping for matrix items and that they plan to include this feature in 2023R2” They then gave me a case number. So I do not know how you were able to push the barcodes. @KEL you probably want to see that as well. 

I am just going to deal with this manually as it comes up and wait until we do an update at a later time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AidenMission , @KEL , I did my test on the 22R1 (22.114.0029). 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko, interesting I am on 23R1 23.111.0019. There must’ve been a regression. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Yuri Karpenko What version was your Acumatica instance on? I was just informed by our VAR, “The Core Shopify connector does not currently support barcode mapping for matrix items and that they plan to include this feature in 2023R2” They then gave me a case number. So I do not know how you were able to push the barcodes. @KEL you probably want to see that as well. 

I am just going to deal with this manually as it comes up and wait until we do an update at a later time.

we were on 2022R1 and the UPCs were uploading to Shopify only when we upgraded to 2023R1 did we notice the UPCs no longer populating.

I do have a ticket in and they stated the same thing to me. I am waiting back for a response to my question about why we had it and now we don’t.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AidenMission , UPC exists on the matrix item level (child of a template item), and is stored in the Cross-References tab, when one of the line is set up with type Barcode.  If you fill out those values for your matrix inventory, they will flow into Shopify’s product variants.  The idea is that each variant can (and probably should) have a separate UPC, since a variant represent a distinct product.

Hope this helps.

This was working until we updated to 2023R1 then all of our template item variants are no longer getting the barcode sent up to Shopify.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This is extremely important for us as well - we just recently upgraded to 23R1 and are experiencing the same issue.

Does anyone know anything new regarding this? Is there a workaround to sync UPCs to Shopify if you’re using Template/Matrix items?

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is extremely important for us as well - we just recently upgraded to 23R1 and are experiencing the same issue.

Does anyone know anything new regarding this? Is there a workaround to sync UPCs to Shopify if you’re using Template/Matrix items?

I have had to manually copy them over. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved