Solved

Acumatica App in Shopify Doesn't Work

• 3 October 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

On a number of our clients’ Shopify stores, we can’t access Acumatica App, getting this error:

This happens in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.  Tried on Windows and MacOS.

Any thoughts, @KarthikGajendran , @smarenich ?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by KarthikGajendran 19 October 2023, 17:47

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko  I am sorry. There is a problem with the Shopify App after last upgrade. The team is working on it. I will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

In the meanwhile, you can try using Custom apps. Follow this article to create the custom apps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are seeing the same issue. We’ll keep a lookout for updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , @gorazem , I was able to connect 1 site using the app 2 days ago.  But for other Shopify stores, the app doesn’t work.

@KarthikGajendran , is there a recommended API version (Shopify) to use for the custom app?  I’m hoping that shipment confirmations will work with the custom app, right?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko  Always go with the latest version and one before that. The recommended version depends on the ERP version you use. The best is both ERP and Shopify to be on the latest versions. 
Also, you can check this article 

Is there an ETA for a fix from Acumatica on this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko @gorazem @Cash4WRA 

The app is fixed now. Could you please try now? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@KarthikGajendran - Thanks for advising that this has been fixed

@KarthikGajendran 

I have 2 Shopify stores: one is for testing and the other is live. I was able to connect a sandbox version of Acumatica to the testing site as they weren’t previously connected. My live site is already connected to my live Acumatica, but when I try to pull up the app in Shopify I’m still receiving a connection error. any ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@KarthikGajendran  Like @Cash4WRA  Said, our sandbox site app is working now, but the live site app is not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , same here: I was able to set it up for one of our customer’s sandbox stores, but not for a production store.  I asked the client to re-install the app.  Once it’s done, I will try again, and will comment here again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko  Could you please confirm if the app re-install worked for you? For me it is working without any issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , still waiting for the app to be installed, sorry. I’ll keep you posted here - probably early next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , I was able to establish the connection, I think, but I got a few errors along the way. When I try to reauthorize, I’m getting this error:

When I try to delete the connection, if I’m using a regular browser, I get this:

If I use Incognito Mode, I’m getting this:

And if I click Delete, I get into an ending loop, but the connection is not deleted.

I hope this will help to troubleshoot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , I’m pretty sure I know what was the issue with the above Deletion process. If you manually delete a Connection in Acumatica, and then try to delete it in Shopify, you will get those errors as indicated in my post above. I have recreated a connection in Acumatica, with the same name (no settings though), and then I was able to delete in Shopify.

The thing that bothers me right now is that I can’t re-authorize the only connection I have, I’m getting this error:

So, I’m just not sure if I’m authorized or if my connection in Acumatica still uses old credentials...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Yuri Karpenko Thanks for testing. But we will fix the deletion scenario. Whether the store exists is in Acumatica or not it should simply delete the store but currently what it does is before deleting the store it will go and make the store inactive and remove from default but because it couldn't find the store it is raising the error. Its a low priority bug which will fix. 

For me reinitializing works perfectly alright. Please see below screenshot.

New Store Created

New Store - Reinitialized
​​​​​

Existing Store - Reinitialized

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@KarthikGajendran , thank you for your reply. I’m still getting an error reinitializing. I will open a support case. But I would say, that the issue with the app is solved, at large. I appreciate your and Acumatica’s team work on this!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@KarthikGajendran , We are still getting the same error on our LIVE site.

In the console, I see a similar error:

“Refused to display 'https://accounts.shopify.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'deny'.”

There are some similar CSP errors, but they are all Report-Only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gorazem , did you guys re-installed the app in Shopify?  That was the fix for one of our clients.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved