Solved

Why revoke access right, but the user can access this screen through a generic inquiry screen?

• 3 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all,

My use cases: I have to grant access to a person in charge to create a generic inquiry, and this user doesn't have permission to see other generic inquiries from other people.  I tried the following step, but it did not work. This user can still see this GI.

Step 1: Revoked this Generic Inquiry from this role

Step 2: Grant access to insert in generic inquiry screen 

Is there anything I dont know about this?

Pls advice me if you have any idea.

Thanks in advanced.

icon

Best answer by hkabiri 3 January 2024, 17:04

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@dilys Have you checked if any other ROLES were assigned to this user and Granted/Not Set the GI access?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dilys Have you checked if any other ROLES were assigned to this user and Granted/Not Set the GI access?

Yes, @Naveen Boga, this user was assigned 3 roles, and I revoked 3 roles from this screen, but this user can still search for this screen through the generic inquiry screen. Do you know any problem here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dilys 

My Recommendation, we can only set the access for generic inquiry and it will includes all other generic inquires.

Follow below steps and provide your feedback.

Example:

Go to Open sales order GI and update the access rights, Like the way we need to do each Generic wise.

When the admin set the permission for generic inquiry then it will works for other Generic inquiruies.

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI @manikantad18 I did exactly the way you guided me and this role was revoked. But this user still can go to this screen from this screen. The only thing I noticed is that the URL of this screen from this user screen is 00000, while my URL has a screen ID.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Naveen Boga , I have already checked and revoked all roles for this user, but it’s not working. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @dilys 

can you check the sitemap on this?

the reason for 0000 is because of the screen is Not marked as Visible in the GI, you need to check if you have another GI with that.

we need to verify the node to node on the user permissions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dilys The behavior is as expected. This user has access to Generic Inquiry which is the Designer tool and can see any GI in the system. What you marked as Revoked is the Sitemap created for this GI exposed it to UI menu.

This means this user cannot see the menu item for this GI which has GIxxxxxx ScreenID however, can see all GIs through the Generic Inquiry Screen and when click View Inquiry it opens it in the Preview mode with default 00000000 ScreenID.

That being said, this is a normal behavior and nothing is wrong with the Access Right set as it works correctly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dilysThe behavior is as expected. This user has access to Generic Inquiry which is the Designer tool and can see any GI in the system. What you marked as Revoked is the Sitemap created for this GI exposed it to UI menu.

This means this user cannot see the menu item for this GI which has GIxxxxxx ScreenID however, can see all GIs through the Generic Inquiry Screen and when click View Inquiry it opens it in the Preview mode with default 00000000 ScreenID.

That being said, this is a normal behavior and nothing is wrong with the Access Right set as it works correctly.

Thanks @hkabiri , so is there a way for it to only have the right to create GI and not have the right to view the GI created by other people?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@dilys Unfortunately not. The only thing you can control is through Row Level Security and Restriction Groups which can limit the user from seeing records. Like GL Account, Warehouse, Customer, Vendor and…

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(4))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=d787c1c7-174d-46a4-aafe-dc676d9dfa54

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved