Solved

When going to Edit any Generic Inquiry from the Customization menu I get the correct configuration but wrong Inquiry Title. Any Ideas?

• 18 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I don’t know what I did or how I ended up with this happening but when I try to edit any generic inquiry from the Customization menu (at the top when viewing the GI results) it shows the correct configuration but the name of another GI.  Always the same GI: pp-oils to convert to template.

The URL at the top shows the correct Name so if I refresh the page it shows the correct details which is a workaround but as it stands if I edit it and just hit save it will overwrite that GI and not save to the one I really want to save to.

I am stumped as to why this is happening. It happened after I manually added some site map entries but I’m not sure how or why.

If anyone has any ideas of how to troubleshoot this I would be very grateful,

Phil

icon

Best answer by ppowell 18 April 2023, 16:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @

What is your entry screen navigation ? can you Share GI?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

After posting this I decided to just delete all the site map entries and see if the problem goes away. It did so now I know why it’s happening.  My site map entries are a number of steps I need to go through to convert Stock Items to Matrix Items.  These consist of a sequence of editing a Generic Inquiry and then running an import scenario.  To try to save time and not have to keep clicking Edit Generic Inquiry I put in the Site map a direct link to editing the generic inquiry and the first one in the sequence is called PP-Oils To Convert To Template:

~/Pages/SM/SM208000.aspx?Name=PP-Oils+To+Convert+To+Template

It seems that this confuses things when editing any generic inquiry.  I’m not sure why but at least now I know the reason and the fix.

Thanks,

Phil

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @ppowell !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved