Solved

We show duplicate Vendors in the Vendors' Generic Inquiry

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Community,

I was hoping you can shed some light on this issue…We show duplicate Vendors in the Vendors' Generic Inquiry. 

This is how the table relationship is set, I believe is probably incorrect because of this. 

Please help me set the relationship correctly.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Laura02 9 January 2024, 22:56

View original

12 replies

Badge +18

Hello @jorgep17 ,

Is it possible that some vendors have multiple years of 1099 History in your tenant? If so, add a condition to the above GI to select one 1099 year.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Laura, could you tell me how to do that, and give me an example please? I am kind of new to Acumatica.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jorgep17 

Can you share the XML of your Generic Inquiry? Since you are new to Acumatica, go to the GI> Export as XML and attach it. I would be more than happy to look at it for you.

Badge +18

Hello @jorgep17 ,

Please try adding the condition to your GI like this:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jorgep17 

Can you share the XML of your Generic Inquiry? Since you are new to Acumatica, go to the GI> Export as XML and attach it. I would be more than happy to look at it for you.

Sure, I have attached the file.

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @jorgep17 ,

Please try adding the condition to your GI like this:

I did this, but still shows multiple duplicates. 

Badge +18

Hello,

I downloaded your xml and imported it to my demo.  I see the duplicates are caused by multiple contact names being included in the results:

I updated the Relations to use Primary Contact Only and the duplicates are gone.

Please Join on second fields shown, Primary Contact only.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I downloaded your xml and imported it to my demo.  I see the duplicates are caused by multiple contact names being included in the results:

I updated the Relations to use Primary Contact Only and the duplicates are gone.

Please Join on second fields shown, Primary Contact only.

Laura

Hey Laura, thanks for taking the time on this...I see no duplicates now,  but the query went from like 8000+ records to only 12. So now I am only showing 12 Vendors only...weird. Anything else we can do?

Badge +18

Hello,

When we see duplicates, too many records or too few records in a GI, the cause is nearly always improper JOIN on the Relations tab. Your GI originally shows above, Left join to 1099 and Inner join to Contact.

Should the contact join be LEFT? So all records from vendor table on the left are Included, whether or not human names are attached as Contacts?

Experiment with the join types and see how it works out.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

When we see duplicates, too many records or too few records in a GI, the cause is nearly always improper JOIN on the Relations tab. Your GI originally shows above, Left join to 1099 and Inner join to Contact.

Should the contact join be LEFT? So all records from vendor table on the left are Included, whether or not human names are attached as Contacts?

Experiment with the join types and see how it works out.

Laura

OK so still add the relatioship by the primarycontactID as you suggested but play with the Join then?

Badge +18

Yes, please try the left Join so vendors with no contacts will still appear in your list.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, please try the left Join so vendors with no contacts will still appear in your list.

Thank you Laura, I think I got it down to minimum duplicates now, there are still some for some reason...I wish I could know why...but this is good enough.  

If you have any more suggestions, please chime in. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved