Skip to main content
Solved

View a calculated value as currency

• 26 May 2024
  • 3 replies

My new GI has a calculated numeric value which the view displays as a decimal (19,4).  I would like the value to display as a currency with 2 decimal places and comma separators.

Probably because I am new also, I can’t figure out how to alter the presentation in the view.

Thank you!

Tom Morris

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello Tom.

Please try these formatting ideas.

1. Populate the Schema Field with a field that looks like your desired format ( currency with 2 decimal places and comma separators).
  1. Click into the Data Field using the pencil icon, and then use conversion options to change your field.

I hope one of these ideas helps you.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Laura02,

Worked!  I hope, someday, I am as smart as you.  I have a follow-up question.

I puzzled over the purpose of the “Schema Field” attribute in the GI definition.  Is there documentation available?

Thanks,

Tom Morris

Badge +18

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your compliment!  - you flatter me. I have average intelligence and education…. but higher than average years of experience. 😉

I found the definition for Schema Field in the Help:

Form Reference section of Help is where you can find the Field-by-field definitions. From the Help icon in Generic Inquiries screen, scroll to the bottom of the help menu that appears, and select Form Reference for Generic Inquiry. 

Next, select the section of the screen where the field you have a question about is located:

There is a Form Reference section containing field definitions in Every Screen of Acumatica.

HTH,

Laura