Question

Using a GI parameter in a filtered tab

• 16 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

HI, I added a parameter to a GI. 
I want to use that parameter in the filters that create a tab via the funnel. 
I do not see how to do that. 

The case is that we have a GI to show SO type transfers. The parameter is for warehouse. The condition uses the parameter to display the order if either the Destination Site ID or the Default Site ID. 

I want to create tabs for the To warehouse & the From warehouse. 

Thanks in Advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Sounds like two different things.  Creating saved filters to have tabs would be a custom filter using any fields from the GI.

Parameters can used in conditions in GI and are set by the end user.  There are various benefits to this, but I think different than what you are asking about. 

You can't have a tab that defines a set a default parameters for example, you can only have one set of default parameters set from the parameters tab of the GI.  

I think you can accomplish what you are trying to do without Parameters and just a some custom filters from the funnel icon.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@bryanb39 ,
Thank you for the response.
I had considered using the warehouse in the filters. 
I rejected that approach because the client currently has 31 warehouses. & would end up with 60-90 tabs. 

I will review with the client to see if we can narrow the criteria or get them to filter on the column headers  as needed. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Oh ok, I think I misunderstood.  You just want two or 3 tabs and the parameter selects the warehouse?

What about a combobox Parameter instead of a tab?  

Can you explain a little more the criteria you are filtering?  I think we can simplify this.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved