Understanding table links and Filter conditions to retrieve the most recent record in a data table - GI or Report

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Acumatica Community,

Just wanted to share a write up on something that I have been utilizing frequently to get results that Clients have been wanting in their Generic Inquiries. This is not of my own invention but something that I learned how to do on the Acumatica Community forums and have had the need for on many occasions for varying scenarios. Get ready for a slight read but if you're interested in learning/understanding how to isolate the most recent record entered into any data table in Acumatica then you're in the right place.

I was unable to copy paste the document directly into this post, so you will need to review the attached .PDF file. The .XML file for the Generic Inquiry from the document is also attached here to this post.

Credit for this method belongs to a user in the Acumatica Community who goes by Gabriel Michaud. Here is a link to the original Community post where I found this method that was presented by Gabriel as an answer to someone else’s post. How to get the last sales price and qty using GI? | Community (acumatica.com) -> https://community.acumatica.com/reports-and-generic-inquires-115/how-to-get-the-last-sales-price-and-qty-using-gi-4856

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this with the community @mbarrett!

Userlevel 1

This just solved an issue I’ve been facing for a while… thank you very much!!!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved