Question

Tasks Dashboard Widget

• 11 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Has anyone created a dashboard widget that displays the number of current open tasks for the dashboard owner? I’m picturing a tile that displays the # of open tasks the dashboard owner has that changes color based on current, due or past due (or based on the # of days past due if that is easier) that you can click to drill down to the actual tasks. I’m new to Dashboards and am not sure where to start! 

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi @MDexter, 

A KPI widget using the Tasks (EP.40.40.PL) inquiry screen with the some filters on owner ,status, and date should get you close to what you’re looking for.

“owner = @me” will display only the information for the user that is logged into the system and “status= open” will let you filter out any other statuses that you do not want to count.

You could have 2 or 3 widgets that use different date filters to satisfy your requirement of open tasks, upcoming due, and past due.

I don’t know of a way to change color based on different status AND count the number of open tasks in the same widget using the normal widget properties. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved