Sales by salesperson reporting

• 24 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am not sure how to clean up my GIs and financial reporting. Our sales structure is that some customers have a broker that is in charge of the customer account and some that have a direct salesperson from our internal company. The brokers have our internal salespersons overseeing them since they are regional. This causes problems for our reporting because the salesperson may not be the default sp but oversees the overall account and broker. I feel that I would almost need a salesperson class type of profile to make the reports and numbers match the financials. Is there any way of organizing this data inside acumatica currently? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ERPTwang44 It is clear that your Sales People either directly sell to customers or oversee the sales going through brokers but It is not clear when you say “numbers match the financials”. What is supposed to match what? You possibly need a breakdown of sales associated with your Salespersons, I am guessing. 

Userlevel 1

@ERPTwang44 It is clear that your Sales People either directly sell to customers or oversee the sales going through brokers but It is not clear when you say “numbers match the financials”. What is supposed to match what? You possibly need a breakdown of sales associated with your Salespersons, I am guessing. 

Pretty much. I have found using ARTran will not accomplish this but using ARInvoice dac does. The issue is that i cannot get net sales using ARInvoice and incorporating fields from artran such as ARTran.margin etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No way that ARTran of released invoices doesn’t agree to your GL Sales Account (assuming you haven’t posted any transactions manually to GL Sales Accounts). Guaranteed.

You just need to read through system documents and learn how to use it.

Userlevel 1

No way that ARTran of released invoices doesn’t agree to your GL Sales Account (assuming you haven’t posted any transactions manually to GL Sales Accounts). Guaranteed.

You just need to read through system documents and learn how to use it.

(ARTran) It matches the GL but it is based on the Broker’s Salesperson ID and not the salespeople (RSM)  as i stated previously. Since the brokers are the ‘default Saleperson’ on the customer accounts. Ive found by changing the default SP from the broker to RSM displays the correct SP results i want on the reporting side but that is not what i want to do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That makes sense. So you can say your sales figures DOES AGREE to your financial but you desire a different breakdown which is absolutely irrelevant to using ARTran or ARRegister (ARInvoice) 

Your option is to assign your internal sales people as SalesPerson and add a custom field to Customer Screen for your Brokers. As needed then you can run report by either of Salesperson or Brokers or a mix of them.

Userlevel 1

That makes sense. So you can say your sales figures DOES AGREE to your financial but you desire a different breakdown and this is absolutely irrelevant to using ARTran or ARRegister (ARInvoice) 

Your option is to assign your internal sales people as SalesPerson and add a custom field to Customer Screen for your Brokers. As needed then you can run report by either of Salesperson or Brokers or a mix of them.

Sounds like the only option yes.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved