Solved

Report Designer - Moving Footer / any ideas?

• 20 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello. I am looking for an idea or a solution to a problem. We have noticed a bug that is triggered when there are too many panels in the detail section, or when there is a section with "PrintOnEveryPage" in the middle of the report without the "PrintAtBottom" attribute. Under these circumstances, the actual footer moves up and down instead of staying where it should be. Is there another way to circumvent this problem other than not using panels in detail sections or working without "PrintOnEveryPage"?

icon

Best answer by jwestermann17 19 March 2024, 10:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’m not sure if it’ll work in your situation, but to deal with something similar I ended up using a SubReport and removed a grouping instead of one more panel. It didn’t even break things out further, it was a 1:1 relationship but fixed some annoying footer placement issues when the page break was in a weird spot.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @jwestermann17 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

anything similar Rather of adding another panel, I used a SubReport and eliminated a grouping. It was a connection that didn't even separate things out further, but it did address some bothersome footer positioning issues when the page break was in an odd place.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Actually, Yes @Chris Hackett.

It was due to a Section marked as “Print as Bottom” while it wasn’t at the bottom of the report. 
This somehow confused the Report Designer.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved