Solved

Report Designer Filter on first character of a text field

• 2 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I have a parameter.

I want to select location records when the 1st character of the location is equal to the parameter value.

I don’t get any errors, but I do not select any records when I know I should.

Any thoughts?

Default value of ROW below is “A”.

I know I have locations that start with “A” and I report these when the filter is off.

icon

Best answer by ltussing03 3 February 2024, 17:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ltussing03 ,

Try joining INLocation and filtering on the left character of LocationCD rather than LocationID.  

Hope this helps!

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Laura,

Thank you so much for replying!  You are absolutely right about using the “CD” inventory ID!

Unfortunately, I am still not getting any results when the filter is enabled. 

I printed my “Left” formula on the report, and dropped the filter, and it is printing the expected value of “A”.  But I still get no results with the filter enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ltussing03 ,

Are you possibly missing the = sign in front of your formula?

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to reply on a Friday night!!

I’ve tried that as well with no results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ltussing03 ,

I will try to replicate this when I have a minute, probably on Monday :)

Laura 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Laura thanks for your help with this.  It is working now.  I needed the formula on the left side, under Data Field.  When I had tried to put it there directly it wouldn’t stick.  However, when I clicked the “Data Field Formula” button, it allowed me to enter the formula and it stayed.

Thanks again for taking the time to help with this!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved