Skip to main content
Solved

Report Definitions. How can the account description only display 1 line?

• 25 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi ALL,

With Report Definitions.  How can the account description only display 1 line?
Even though I checked the "Suppress Line" in Column Sets, Accounts with descriptions that are too long still have their lines dropped.

Best Regards,

NNT

9 replies

Badge +18

Hello, NNT,

Un-check Auto-Height setting in the Column Sets, and Acumatica will stop wrapping the Account Description column.  Longer names will be “chopped” instead, if the column isn’t wide enough to accommodate longer descriptions.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Laura02 

As shown in the screenshot above. I unchecked Auto-Height setting in the Column Sets. The account description doesn't break the line, but small dots still appear under the account description line and I don't want to display these small dots.

Best Regards,

NNT

Badge +18

Hello,

The small dots means the description is still wrapping and we are seeing the tops of the letters. I don’t yet know why because I have been successful before by un-selecting auto-height.

Does reducing the width of your column from 280 to something shorter help?

Thanks,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Laura02 

Does reducing the width of your column from 280 to something shorter help? => It still has small dots.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @nhatnghetinh ,

Increase the height of a specific row in the row sets screen (CS2060P1).

Find the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps for you!

Badge +18

Hello,

What do you have set for Cell Format Order setting in the Column Set?  Please try setting Cell Format Order to Column and then your report will use, not ignore the Auto-Height setting from the column.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sagar Greytrix 

Increasing the Height in Row Sets will create multiple lines. I wish to display only the first 1 line.

Best Regards,

NNT

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @nhatnghetinh were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Chris Hackett 

I used a temporary solution of shortening the text of the account description so that it doesn't have a line break
I will close this question.

Best Regards,

NNT