Question

Prior period amounts using Report Writer

Userlevel 1
Badge

We need to use the report writer to create a report that needs to include prior financial period information. We are looking to include a trailing 3 months in the report.  We have too many lookups and subtotals to use ARM or GIs.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Do you have more details regarding what trouble are you running into?  You should be able to add parameters to filter the Period range to the report.

What is your experience level with Report Writer?  

Userlevel 1
Badge

The report we are trying to build would have the trailing 3 months in the report.  We we ask the filter for period 03-2022, then the report would show 01-2022,02-2022,03-2022.  This report is for the project module.  The client would like to look at 3500+ projects this way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I did one where there’s a start and end period with a the most recent 3 periods.  It can be modified to be the last 3 complete periods.

However if an earlier range wants to be used, both the start and end period parameters need to be changed.  That’s not that difficult, but it’d be nice if it’s not necessary.   Maybe have the report say it’s not 3 months if they accidentally select a 1, 4 or 6 month range for example.  Or maybe they’d even want that option?  

If I have time later I’ll look again.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mcoman - were you ever able to find a solution for this issue? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved