Question

PDF as Email Attachment is locked

• 26 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Acumatica newbie here…

In our old system, the emails would go out to customers/vendors with things like quotes, POs, invoices, etc. attached as a PDF.  I see that Acuamatica does the same.  However, many of our vendors like to copy/paste the text from the PDF into their own system in order to process the order.  Is there some setting that is blocking this?  They could do it no problem with the PDFs from our old system.  And to make things more confusing, I can copy the text out of the same PDF, but for some reason none of our vendors can.  Any ideas what might be different?

Thanks!!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cpesola 

I Googled it for you and it seems to be a Security feature on Adobe PDF that is is enabled that prevents users from copying the text. You will need to have a look at the Preferences>>Security(Advanced) and disable the Protected Mode mode. This is something that your customers/vendors also might need to do:

Kind Regards

Marilize

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @marilizevanzyl - being new to Acumatica, this doesn’t look like an Acumatica screen.  Is this an Adobe Preferences screen?  What’s strange is that our vendors could copy from our old PDFs, but not the ones that are being created from Acumatica.  That’s what leads me to believe it’s something on the Acumatica side.  We have thousands of vendors and really would prefer not to tell them they have to change their security settings because we don’t know how to send it to them like before.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @cpesola were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

No solution yet, @Chris Hackett.  This feels like a coding/configuration setting.  I’m guessing whoever developed this feature into the product flipped some flag that makes the PDF read-only or something along those lines.  We are just dealing with it for now.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved