Solved

OData issue with Power BI (DataSource.Error: Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed)

  • 24 July 2023
  • 3 replies
  • 469 views

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We’ve been using Power BI to connect to Generic Inquiries via OData for the past year. All of the sudden in the past few days we’ve received the following error message in Power BI:

 

Anyone know what might be causing this and how to resolve the issue?

I found this article that references a similar issue, but none of our GIs have a period (.) in the name so the solve offered in the article isn’t helpful in this case.

icon

Best answer by mikeho 26 July 2023, 00:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try testing connection and data retrieval in POSTMAN first then try to get the detailed error for further investigation. Error 500 may be caused by many things. Maybe post full error response here to detailed help.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you for that suggestion, @RohitRattan88! We tested in Postman and the API was able to connect without issue. We eventually found that there was a schema field in a GI that was causing the issue; once we removed that schema field the OData feed was accessible again.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @mikeho!

Reply


About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved