Question

Nothing displaying in Inventory Transaction History for specific item

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I am running into an issue where there is nothing displaying on the inventory transaction history inquiry for a specific item. This is not true as there is currently a closed receipt, bill, shipment, and invoice for this particular item. What could cause this?

Thanks!

12 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

Are there any Restriction Groups in place for Inventory Items? Check Row Level Security → Configuration → Inventory Item Access screen.

Are you a member of the Branch Role where the transactions were entered?  Look at the Company or Branch screen to see the name of the Branch Role, then look at Users screen to make sure you are in the proper Branch Roles.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 Hi Laura, thanks for the reply,

We have row-level security disabled and there is only one branch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @aidenwills15 

Have you tried to run the recalculate Inventory for that item? 

Badge +18

Hello,

Is the item a Stock Item?  (In Demo, my non-stock items do not appear in IN Transaction History Inquiry screen.)  If yes, please post a screen shot of this item in Stock Items screen, and show selection of the item at the top of  IN Transaction History Inquiry so we can see it is the same exact item, not just nearly identical ID’s (showing all digits of ID’s please).

If you have customizations, please temporarily disable customizations and try IN Transaction History again to see if the behavior is the same. Please let us know your results.

Thank you!

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 Hi Laura, yes it is a stock item and has never been non-stock.

The behavior is the same with the customizations disabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kandybeatty49 Hi Kandy, thanks for the reply, yes I have tried that and it didn't seem to work.

Badge +18

Hello, thank you for the extra details. Can you show the transactions and date ? if item is is a match and date in 2023 and transaction is one of the released statuses, I think next step is a support ticket.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Laura02 Hi Laura, I am going to put a ticket in. Thank you for the help!

Userlevel 1

So one my buyers ran into this…  88 each of part was received on a PO with the Inventory Summary showing 88 available but not on hand. The Item Transaction History shows zero transaction history for this item.  Being new to Acumatica if I run the Recalc Inventory for this item and choose to rebuild history could this mess up something as I am not tally sure what this function does other than what it says.    Thoughts?

Badge +18

Hello,

I think Recalculate History is a good idea, and I don’t think it will Cause a problem.  There is a chance it could fix a problem, but it doesn’t fix every situation, in my experience.

Laura

Userlevel 1

Thanks for all the input…  They didnt release it was the real issue… I didnt need to run the recalc inventory for the item

Badge +18

Hello, thank you for the extra details. Can you show the transactions and date ? if item is is a match and date in 2023 and transaction is one of the released statuses, I think next step is a support ticket.

Laura

I’m so glad to help!  Thanks for confirming that your transactions were not released.

LB

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved